Game of Thrones season 6

TV, film, print, theater/performing arts, and that mime in the park
Cassie

Re: Game of Thrones season 6

Post by Cassie »

I wish Yara/Asha and Theon would go to Dany and then they could all come back together and take over Westeros, but not hurt Sansa at all.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

I wonder how quickly Euron will manage to make his fleet of ships. Probably much too quickly.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

6.7 'The Broken Man'
The High Sparrow considers another target; Jaime confronts a hero; Arya makes a plan; memories are awakened in the North.
I hope the broken man is who I think it is...
christmas

Post by christmas »

Anyone know if Jorah Mormont is ever gonna be seen again this season?
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

THE MOUNTAIN!
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

I don't know if Jorah's coming back this season. I'd guess not. Unless they do one random scene of him looking for a cure somewhere.

The Hound is one of my favourite characters so I'm glad he's back. Ther Brotherhood are evil now though? That's a bit weird?

Arya's wounds are surely going to be infected after jumping into dirty water, right?
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

OH, and how the fuck did they manage to massacre all those people without the Hound hearing (or without them hearing the Hound chop wood)?
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

Yeah, I was confused about the Brotherhood being murderers, I thought they fought for justice or some shit!
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

It's like their hearts have turned to...stone...
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

OMG!
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

6.8 'No One'
Jaime weighs his options; Cersei answers a request; Tyrion's plans bear fruit; Arya faces a new test.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

A girl will go home!

Is it just me, or does it seem like the writers are kinda bad at dialog now that they're past the books? The scene where Bronn talks about fucking Brienne was so cringey. Like wtf? And also, I guess Dany just makes speeches and gives people the stink eye now. The Hound was good, tho.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

There's a lot of cock jokes and "would you fuck her?" lines and fingers up the asshole now. More than usual I think.

The episode felt weird. They've spent the last couple of episodes talking about what a great warrior the Blackfish is and then he was all "I'm not going out without a fight!" Then next scene some random guy just goes "the Blackfish died lol" and we don't get to see any of it.

And the whole Arya story has been weird. Like when she said "I am Arya Stark!" it was supposed to be a triumphant moment but she never really became No One, she was always Arya, so it didn't really work? And after all this build to her fighting the Waif it also happened offscreen! The actress who played Lady Poole was good but she got killed for shock value.

Tyrion's whole story arc this season has been making Grey Worm and Missandei laugh?

Brienne going to Riverrun was pretty poinltess but that's kind of in keeping with her part in the books at this point I guess.

At least Sandor's going north now to be with his one true love again: Sansa Stark.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

6.9 'Battle of the Bastards'
As the Starks prepare to fight, Davos loses something dear. Ramsay plays a game. Daenerys faces a choice.
The battle episodes are one area where the show has continued to improve over the years so I expect it will be good.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

Ramsey's death was so over due that it didn't even feel satisfying.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

The dragons looked the best they ever have. I don't know why Dany decided to wait until the next day before attacking but I guess she wanted to speak to the Masters in daylight or something.

The part with Dany meeting Yara and Theon felt pretty rushed.

Dany: You have to stop doing all the things your people have done forever.
Yara: But those are the things we do!
Dany: Stop doing them.
Yara: Okay!

The long tracking shot of Jon fighting was movie quality. It was good to see Tormund in action.

So Sansa's like "you can't attack until you have more men" and Jon says "do you know where we can get more men?" and she says no. But...she wrote to Littlefinger. And even if she didn't know he was coming she could have at least told Jon there was a chance that more men were coming. There's no reason at all to not tell him other than dramatic tension.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

I loved it when Jon was standing there with Ramsey's cavalry rushing at him and expecting to be trampled by horses and then they all just WHOOSHED past him. Then every time he was about to be killed something happened to BAM the enemy. He was being protected by the lord of light! maybe. Who knows.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

It's weird that he couldln't hear all those horses coming behind him!
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Yeah this episode is going to win a bunch of creative/tech Emmys for sure.
CaptainWacky wrote:The dragons looked the best they ever have. I don't know why Dany decided to wait until the next day before attacking but I guess she wanted to speak to the Masters in daylight or something.
The special effects show up better in daylight?