Orange Is The New Black

TV, film, print, theater/performing arts, and that mime in the park
CaptainWacky

Orange Is The New Black

Post by CaptainWacky »

The new season "drops" on Netflix tomorrow. I wonder if anyone will watch it and post about it here?!
CaptainWacky

Re: Orange Is The New Black

Post by CaptainWacky »

Kimiko Glenn is SO cute.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Urgh Ruby Rose.
The Tomtrek

Post by The Tomtrek »

Luckily she's only been in one scene so far!
The Tomtrek

Post by The Tomtrek »

OK so I just finished the last episode and I'd have to say I thought the season was good overall. It still does the thing that season 3 did where it got a bit too comedy for it's own good and that clashes with the heavier stuff the show does.

The pacing is also really strange, there are a lot of subplots that get dropped for several episodes at a time, only to get picked up again seemingly at random.

Piper is still the worst, but I think the show knows that now and so she actually seems like less of a focus, which is good! Lori Petty is really good.

BUT the last episode is really fucking good and probably as good as the show has ever been even if it does get a bit over the top it was still amazing.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

I thought it was better than season 3 on the whole. None of the subplots were as bad as the whole Norma church thing last year.

I'm glad Piper faced some consequences for her actions and I actually felt kind of bad for her when she was being "branded" and the crack smoking scene was good.

It was good that Laura Prepon got a good story.

I'd watch a spin-off about Maritza as an adorable conwoman who doesn't eat mice.

But with the cast being so big it means that some characters suffer and don't get as much screentime as others. And I don't get how some cast members are guest stars yet get good stories while some are regulars but are in the background. But that's contracts for you I guess!

I wasn't sure about the Judy King character in the end. At first she was good but they kept adding more and more to her character and by the time she was having a threeway with a guy half her age and another woman I didn't care anymore.

Caputo's story got a bit repetitive with him trying to do good things but being stopped by corprate and then having inappropriate sex with a corporate bitchy lady.

The guards felt too over the top at times. Like when they were forcing prisoners to fight like gladiators and they were all cheering and none of them thought this was a bad idea (except the nice guard who ironically ended up accidentally killing Poussey.) I wasn't sure what we were supposed to think of the rapist guard at all. If I hadn't seen season three I'd think he was a decent guy and one of the more sympathetic guards. But since I have seen season three I remember that's he's a fucking rapist!

But yeah it was good.