Supergirl

TV, film, print, theater/performing arts, and that mime in the park
whisky

Supergirl

Post by whisky »

For the benefit of anyone still watching, the flash was on tonight, they worked well together.

The end of the episode appeared to rip off another Doctor Who episode, which seems to be getting more common in the DC tv world.
CaptainWacky

Re: Supergirl

Post by CaptainWacky »

I've only watched one episode. It was the one where she got exposed to Red Kryptonite and started being all sexy and evil, so that was probably a good episode to watch. I like Melissa Benoist a lot but the rest of the cast seemed pretty bland, especially the guy playing Jimmy.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Okay, I watched the Flash crossover because it was repeated today. Melissa Benoist is great. A perfect Supergirl. I liked her interactions with Barry and he was much less annoying here than he's been on The Flash lately. Calista Flockheart was good as her character too. On the other hand, all the other characters were bland and dull. Jimmy Olsen and Lucy Lane look like random models who wondered on set and just stand around posing. The villains were really lame, worse than some of the worst Arrow villains. One of them said "I hate helicopters!" for no reason at one point and shot a helicopter. So probably not a show I'll watch all the time but I definitely like Melissa.
whisky

Post by whisky »

Kyrptionians cant breath or fly in space?

Since when?
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

I tried to watch it last week but got bored, sorry. I'll probably only watch episodes that crossover with the Arrowverse.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

http://www.tv.com/shows/supergirl/commu ... 309951894/
Supergirl: Original Wonder Woman Lynda Carter Will Be the President Next Season

All hail the chief!

The CW announced Tuesday that Lynda Carter is joining Supergirl's second season as the president of the United States. Carter is, of course, most known for her iconic portrayal of Wonder Woman on the original 1970s television series. She will be a recurring character in the second season after making her first appearance in Episode 3.

Earlier this year, executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti told TVGuide.com that they had approached Carter for the role earlier but scheduling made it impossible to include her in the first season.

"We're going to do it, we'll just do it next year," Kreisberg said. The Season 1 finale also hinted at Carter's turn when the president sent "her" thanks to Supergirl for saving the planet.
I might have to start watching this show.