Game of Thrones season 6

TV, film, print, theater/performing arts, and that mime in the park
CaptainWacky

Game of Thrones season 6

Post by CaptainWacky »

Its make me feel physically ill that I can't post the weekly episode thread on TK.

6.1 'The Red Woman'
The fate of Jon Snow is revealed; Daenerys meets a strong man; Cersei sees her daughter again.
The Tomtrek

Re: Game of Thrones season 6

Post by The Tomtrek »

I hope the first 10 minutes is just every member of the Night's Watch saying "Yes it's good how Jon Snow is 100% dead and would never ever come back" over and over again.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

Oh, that Red Woman scene is going to kill lots of boners.
MilffDude

Post by MilffDude »

I'm gonna watch it in half an hour.

Should be good!
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

SANSA IS THE REAL HERO.

I'm pretty sure we've seen Mel without her ruby before.

Cersei looks good with the short hair.

Alexander Siddig sure got a lot to do, huh. IN THE BOOKS Doran is one of wisest, most shrewd rulers and I know they don't have to follow the boks but it looked like they just wanted a shocking scene where characters get killed. Except nobody cares about the characters who died. The Sand Snakes want to avenge the death of a family member and they do so by...killing family members? Wouldn't it have made sense for them to have kept Trystane alive and ruled in his name? And if they are going to be a continuing part of the show can't they at least have better dialogue than "you always were a greedy bitch!"
The Tomtrek

Post by The Tomtrek »

I liked it. Sorry.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

You can like it. You don't have to be defensive.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

When Ramsey's dogs were about to get Sansa I kept thinking COME ON BRIENNE COME ON, and then there she was and I was happy.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

I'm really looking forward to Cersei taking on those churchy assholes. KILL THEM ALL OK. They are annoying me, and they need to let Natalie Dormer go.
MilffDude

Post by MilffDude »

It was an ok start to the season to remind us where everyone was. If anyone's disappointed it'll be because the marketing bigged it up too much.

Captain Phasma was really good.

I don't care that Jon wasn't resurrected. We all know something of that nature will happen eventually anyway.

I know everyone's made a big deal out of the ending, but I'd always assumed her true form was as some kind of shadow monster, so being an old lady seems kinda pedestrian in comparison.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

6.2 'Home'
Bran trains with the Three-Eyed Raven; Jaime advises Tommen; Tyrion demands good news; at Castle Black, the Night's Watch stands behind the throne; Ramsay Bolton proposes a plan; Balon Greyjoy entertains other proposals.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

Why won't they fucking kill Ramsey? JUST DO IT YOU ASSHOLES. I think the writers of this show love him.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

:lol:
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Giants are cool.

Did Meera get recast?

I'll miss Roose. He was more interesting than Ramsey becasue he was actually smart and cunning rather than just outright psychopath evil (well I guess it wasn't smart of him to hug his psychopath son.) But they're obviusly setting up Ramsey's death this season because really there's not much more they can do with him.

Lena Headey is a good actress.

Iron Born sure still exist.

Jon's resurrection was quite straightforward. I thought someone would have to be burned or something. But I guess Mel could die next week or turn into old woman version.

Brienne/Sansa are going to run into the Night's Watch traitors, aren't they? That's the kind of crazy meeting that always happens!
The Tomtrek

Post by The Tomtrek »

It's kind of annoying how Sophie Turner does some actual really good acting and then she hasn't really had anything to do apart from sit in some snow.

I didn't like how they brought back Balon Greyjoy only to just kill him off with a brother that we had never heard of. Especially after killing Roose in the same episode.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

They're sure getting through the heads of powerful houses fast. Three so far this season.
christmas

Post by christmas »

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

i'm sorry, someone had to
christmas

Post by christmas »

I actually like the way it was shot and edited, it was simple but effective
One thing i will say however, is that I was kinda hoping Bran would make a more 'dramatic' entrance, I mean, we waited a whole fucking season for him. However I do like how Hodor has an actual backstory though, and is not just some one dimensional mentally deficient giant man.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Spoiler?
Spoiler!
Another Important Game of Thrones Character Is Coming Back and It's Not Who You Think

by Germain Lussier
Today 12:50pm

Two episodes in and it’s already been a good year for the good guys on Game of Thrones. Sansa finally met up with Brienne. Tyrion made some dragon friends. And, well, something happened with that Snow guy, too. Now, Arya Stark has confirmed some more good news.

Spoilers follow.

Any time people have talked about the return of an old character to the show, Game of Thrones fans immediately think of Sandor Clegane, whose reappearance was hinted at in the books and which upcoming guest star Ian McShane has announced practically every chance he’s gotten. This character is someone different... and potentially far more important.

In an interview with BBC Radio, Maisie Williams confirmed that the all-but-forgotten Rickon Stark will be back in season six.
Another Important Game of Thrones Character Is Coming Back and It's Not Who You Think

Rickon is the youngest Stark male, played by Art Parkinson. Most people in Westeros believed him to be killed by Theon Greyjoy along with his brother Bran, but we know Theon actually killed two other boys, not the Starks. Bran fled Winterfell with Hodor and the Reeds, while Rickon went off with the Wildling Osha. That was the end of season three and, tangential references aside, we haven’t seen or heard from him since.

After six seasons of terrible awfulness, you may be tempted to say it’s nice to see good things happening for the Starks. But we don’t know what Rickon has been doing, if anything. Sure, he could have been leading a happy, idyllic life in some cabin in the woods somewhere, but this is Game of Thrones. At the very least, he knows a large portion of his family is either dead or missing, Something tells us he’s not going to return in a particularly good mood.