Gotham

TV, film, print, theater/performing arts, and that mime in the park
CaptainWacky

Gotham

Post by CaptainWacky »

Yeah, might as well have a Gotham thread here too.

Did Riddler manage to sneak a giant grenade statue into the museum? Or was it there anyway and he just rigged it to look like it was going to exlode? Couldnt' he have just done what he did to the paintings when he broke in to make this fake bomb?

Why are Harvey Dent and Lucis Fox series regulars when they're literally never in it?
CaptainWacky

Re: Gotham

Post by CaptainWacky »

So they made Morena Baccarin's charater pregnant because she's pregnant in real life then gave her a miscarriage offscreen so they don't have to deal with a baby. CLASSIC GOTHAM.
The Tomtrek

Post by The Tomtrek »

But it's ~DRAMA~. Maybe that's why they skipped a month for literally no reason and it had no affect on anything.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

The Hugo Strange story line is FUN.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

So Riddler didn't notice the DOZENS OF COPS standing behind the trees when he arrived?

Penguin is just automatically an expect on cooking humans because he's evil?

AT LEAST SELINA IS GOOD.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

Our latest episode had LOTS OF SELINA!!
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

She should have her own spin-off and also Gotham should be cancelled.
whisky

Post by whisky »

I could forgive the cops sneaking up on Ed if it wasn't for the six inches of snow.

You cant walk silently in snow.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Of course he'll just go to Arkham for a week, be declared insane, and get out a week later without ever having to stand trial because that's how the justice system works.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

It's lucky Alfred and Gordon didn't think of just shooting Victor in the head.

Bird Girl was quite cute.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

They've certainly gone full crazy now. And they commited to the crazy this episode, so at least it wans't boring.

Why did Arael have super powers? They just acted like it made perfect sense.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

"What's that do?"
whisky

Post by whisky »

Did Selina just grow into a woman in the space of a few episodes?

I liked the ending, even if Buffy did it two decades ago.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

She took time out to straighten and dye her hair. Street kids do it all the time!
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Remember at the end of Amazing Spider-Man 2 it was revealed that all of the Sinister Six's costumes were created by Oscorp and none of them had an individual origin story and how that made the characters less special and was just a stupid idea? Gotham's doing the exact same thing by making it that all the villains are created by Hugo Strange. He's literally come up with all their personalities. Even when they have an origin story like Mr Freeze they still end up having their memories wiped and just becoming mindless thugs.
whisky

Post by whisky »

I am a bit annoyed by that too, so far its been minor league villains like the Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, and Clayface, but if he ends up being responsible for the Joker, that is shark jumping territory, without the repellent spray.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Well he did have Jerome's body earlier in the season...
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Notice how they keep having her say "I'm Fish Mooney, bitch" in a pathetic attempt to turn it into a meme.

Why did Strange load up the bus with the crazies if he was just going to blow everyone up? Why did he suddenly care about crazies getting out when he's happily had people killed all season?

Why was the bus just left sitting there when the police were all called to that area?

ANYWAY, it's time for the second annual "most pointless regular character" in Gotham awards!

HONOURABLE MENTION: Barbara. It was clear last season that they didn't know how to write a normal human woman, so they did the easy thing and had her go "crazy". And TO BE FAIR Erin Richards was much better playing crazy than playing an actual person. But they did an episode that wrapped up her story with Gordon and would have been a perfect time to kill her off or have her arrested, but she came back in the second half of the season to...stand around with random characters.

3) Lucius Fox - Oh man, I thought old Foxy had the number two slot sewn up. Who can forget the moment when he said "I can fix that computer for you" at the start of the season and went down to the Batcave then came out again ten episodes later and said "I fixed that computer for you!" But they actually gave him stuff to do in the last two episodes of the season. Not that anything that was actually important to the plot, but still...stuff.

2) Lee/Leslie - I'm not sure what her actual name is. She spent the first few episodes of the season answering the phone and saying "Jim, it's for you." When she got pregnant I thought they were writing Morena Baccarin's pregnancy into the show. But no, she just had a miscarriage offscreen and never returned. Possibly because she needed time off to give birth but I don't care, this was a waste of a good actress.

1) Harvey Dent - Yep! This guy's name appeared in the opening credits EVERY WEEK meaning he got paid for every episode despite being in literally only two scenes the whole season. It's going to be hard for anyone to beat him next season!
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

http://www.tv.com/shows/gotham/communit ... 392448447/
Gotham has outgrown its current Poison Ivy. According to TVLine, when Gotham returns in the fall the plant obsessed pre-teen Ivy Pepper will have evolved into her grown-up evil alter ego Poison Ivy. The show will replace Clare Foley, who made recurring appearances on the show as Ivy in the first two seasons, with a new actress who has yet to be cast. They are looking for someone "in their late teens to assume the now-series regular role of the would-be eco-terrorist."

Poison Ivy is the latest in a litany of iconic Batman villains to enter the Dark Knight prequel series—but she's the first to be aged up into her Batman era alter ego. While classic baddies like the Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor), Mr. Freeze (Nathan Darrow), and Hugo Strange (BD Wong) have already transformed into their evil selves, Ed Nygma (Cory Michael Smith) is still waiting to officially label himself as the Riddler. As of now, we're not sure if Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) and Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova) will also age up or be recast for the upcoming season.
I bet someone decided she's not hot enough for tv or some shit. ALSO they better not recast Selina :rwmad:

There was an entire busload of villains let loose on the city, why do they want to rush Poison Ivy?
whisky

Post by whisky »

So they have an evil twin of Bruce Wayne or something?

Seems like they are firing original Ivy for not growing a big rack, not sure how that would stand legally.