Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

TV, film, print, theater/performing arts, and that mime in the park
CaptainWacky

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by CaptainWacky »

This was the best episode for Evil Ward/Hive yet. I didn't really care about him before but he was more interesting here. Evil Daisy force choking Fitz was good. Simmons got laid. None of the transhumans had tails, sadly.

How many times have they taken out Hydra for good? PROBABLY ABOUT FOUR TIMES. I guess it was to show that Hive doesn't care about Hydra anymore and left them to die. Or there's a "there's no Hydra anymore" line in Civil War so they had to kill them for continuity even though the movies completely ignore SHIELD anyway.

You're coming apart at the seams, Cloth!
Cassie

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Cassie »

Yeah, I like evil Ward. HE'S EVIL.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

The previews for the next one were about THE ONE WHO DIES... I think it will be the new girl! Piper? Was that her name? lol I thought for sure she was going to die last night.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Well they're saying a main character is going to die so I don't think it will be the two random SHIELD grunts who suddenly started getting lines this week. Hopefully it's just Lincoln.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

Yeah you're right, but I totally thought at least one of them would die in that episode.

It better not be Daisy, Simmons, May, or Fitz!
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Maybe Coulson will die and they can reference the show in the movies at last without having to explain how Coulson's alive.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

The first half of the episode felt really off, like they thought "oh we need to mention something about Civil War!" then thought "oh yeah we should wrap up that Watchdogs thing by killing them all lol." Lash dying was a bit of a surprise. They foreshadowed "MACK WILL DIE" so much that he obviously won't. Two hour finale next week?
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

I was hoping Lash would have a lot more to do. He would be a cool inhuman to have around.
The Tomtrek

Post by The Tomtrek »

It was kinda weird how in Civil War the accords seemed to be about specifically monitoring what The Avengers do, but here they're more like the comics' accords where they're about the registration of people with powers.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

They AOS writers probably asked to see Civil War in advance to match the plot up but were told "lol no you don't matter."

Also if Peggy was 95 when she died in 2016 and therefore born in 1921, that would make her 20 at the start of Captain America: The First Avenger (the internet says Steve signed up in 1941) which seems far too young but whatever.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

S.H.I.E.L.D. has been renewed for another season, but Agent Carter was cancelled.
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

OMG, apparently ABC has passed on the Bobbi and Hunter spinoff! Maybe they will find a way to get them back into SHIELD.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Can't they just go to the CW who actually let super hero shows be good (for a while anyway.)
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

There's no room -- Supergirl is moving there from CBS this fall. (not a joke)
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

SURPRISE IT WAS LINCOLN! Bonus death - Grant Hive Ward

I was worried it was going to be Fitz until he put the jacket on Daisy, then I was pissed about the entire situation because obviously it wasn't going to be Daisy. Cross necklace hot potato!

SHIELD shouldn't try to do two hour season finales. Hardly any show should, really.

I am really happy Batiatus is going to be on next season. SHIELD needs mad scientists! (John Hannah played Batiatus on Spartacus, he was awesome)
The Tomtrek

Post by The Tomtrek »

OH NO, NOT LINCOLN, HOWEVER WILL I GET OVER THE LOSS OF THIS CHARISMATIC AND MEMORABLE CHARACTER???
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

I thought it was pretty good. The second half did drag a bit with all the hiding from cavemen stuff and Lincoln's overly long goodbye (which was stolen from the first Captain America movie.) But there were lots of funny lines and it moved along fairly well for the most part. Lincoln being the one to die made sense since no one's really going to miss him much and a memorable death scene was probably the best thing to do with his character. I guess Ward is REALLY GONE FOR GOOD THIS TIME WE MEAN IT. Brett Dalton did a good job the last few episodes as Hive but it was time for him to go.

(Although for a second I thought they were going to show the Life Model Decoy at the end was Ward lol.)

WHO'S THE NEW DIRECTOR OF SHIELD?

Nick Fury!? (No.)
Time Travelled Agent Carter!? (Obviously the best choice but no.)
Maria Hill!? (Maybe? What's Cobie Smulders up to?)
May!? (Wouldn't be much of a surprise.)
Bobbi!? (Yeah I think this is most likely as it would be a mild surprise.)
Lizzy Caplan's character from that One Shot!?
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Hmm...
‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Actress Complains Marvel Doesn’t ‘Seem to Care’ About ABC Drama
“People who make movies for Marvel, why don’t you acknowledge what happens on our show?” asks Chloe Bennet

By Beatrice Verhoeven on May 20, 2016 @ 9:45 am Follow @bverhoev

“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” actress Chloe Bennet doesn’t think Marvel cares about its TV shows as much as the studio does its cinematic universe.

The actress said she doesn’t know why the Avengers don’t make appearances on the ABC drama, and seems a little perturbed about it.

“People who make movies for Marvel, why don’t you acknowledge what happens on our show? Why don’t you guys go ask them that? Cause they don’t seem to care,” she said during a Q&A at Wizard World Des Moines, according to Bleeding Cool.

When asked if she would like to cross over into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the actress, who plays S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Daisy Johnson, once again mentioned Marvel’s apparent lack of interest in the ABC series.

“The Marvel Cinematic Universe loves to pretend that everything is connected, but then they don’t acknowledge our show at all,” she said. “So, I would love to do that, but they don’t seem to keen on that idea.”

She also “wouldn’t mind a little visit from Thor.”

“I am kind of, like, ready for Steve Rogers to make an appearance on our show,” she added. “I’d be ok with that. And like, where’s Romanoff? Where’s the Avengers? Or maybe Robert Downy Jr. as Robert Downy Jr. That would be kinda nice.”

“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” was renewed for a fourth season in March.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Well, she's not wrong. In the first season they got Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury in two episodes (even though one he was obviously filmed seperate from the rest of the cast), Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill in two or three episodes and Jaimie Alexander as Sif. And Agent Sitwell. In season two they had Sif again but Hill was down to one cameo on video. In season three they got nothing. It's pretty obvious the movies were never going to acknowledge SHIELD in any way (I think the Netflix characters might get a cameo in the next Avengers movie maybe.)
whisky

Post by whisky »

The LMD might end up being Ward eventually, we didn't see Lincoln's last few seconds, although it seemed like Hive had accepted his fate, Lincoln's electrical powers might have been a possible escape route for Hive, back through the open channel Daisy had going right to the end, into the Zepher's computer, and back to the Shield lab.

I hope they do better next year, because this seasons villains have been more interesting than the heroes.