Long Time No See

Get Wacky!
BobbyT

Long Time No See

Post by BobbyT »

Hi Everyone:

Re-reading the "three years of starscream" made me nostalgic, but also made me realize that I have no wit whatsoever, so I am not even going to try to be funny or witty and instead will go with the heart-felt approach.

I wanted to say a heart-felt hi for anyone from back in the day (and a nice to meet you hi if there is anyone that joined since I left). Since it's been a lifetime - I hope that your lives turned out OK, things are going well, and that you're weathering 2020 in stride.

What has everyone been up to in the last 15 years?
CaptainWacky

Long Time No See

Post by CaptainWacky »

:heart:

(I just informed Mogh of your return so he can finally reappear and get his revenge for the REFCL drama I can't even remember the details of! :hitler:)

((I didn't really I have no idea what happened to Mogh.))

(((Hi!)))
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Long Time No See

Post by Eggs Loki »

WELCOME! BONC! :heart:

In the last 15 years I'VE BECOME A MIDDLE-AGED HERMIT! :yay: :bill:

2020 hasn't been much different for me than the last decade. My company went virtual in 2009 so I've already been working from home all this time. Now the food delivery people wear masks.

I opened this board after rEFCL 2.0 broke. I'm still crap at being a tech admin, and there are so few people who can do it who are still around. I'm looking into converting this place to a different software because phpBB3 sucks and always has.

There's a small handful who post here, and most of us also post in the Mine Field at TK, along with some other old faces.

Wacky has probably already given you directions to the chatroom as well... HOPE YOU STICK AROUND A WHILE! :zoidberg:
Dr Dave

Long Time No See

Post by Dr Dave »

Ahoy!
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
CaptainWacky

Long Time No See

Post by CaptainWacky »

Maybe Harkley will fix REFCL one day!
Cassie

Long Time No See

Post by Cassie »

Hi.
BobbyT

Long Time No See

Post by BobbyT »

CaptainWacky wrote: :heart:

(I just informed Mogh of your return so he can finally reappear and get his revenge for the REFCL drama I can't even remember the details of! :hitler:)

((I didn't really I have no idea what happened to Mogh.))

(((Hi!)))
If he were here I'd apologize to him. We were co-admins (and I had the full set of keys) and I didn't like a few of his decisions so in my infinite wisdom instead of talking to him about it directly like a reasonable person/partner, I removed his admin privileges and publicly announced that the board had one admin. I'm sorry Mogh - this wasn't my finest hour but I've grown as a person since then I assure you.

(((Hi Wacky!!!))) I am literally counting the days until April 30!!
Eggs Loki wrote: WELCOME! BONC! :heart:

In the last 15 years I'VE BECOME A MIDDLE-AGED HERMIT! :yay: :bill:

2020 hasn't been much different for me than the last decade. My company went virtual in 2009 so I've already been working from home all this time. Now the food delivery people wear masks.

I opened this board after rEFCL 2.0 broke. I'm still crap at being a tech admin, and there are so few people who can do it who are still around. I'm looking into converting this place to a different software because phpBB3 sucks and always has.

There's a small handful who post here, and most of us also post in the Mine Field at TK, along with some other old faces.

Wacky has probably already given you directions to the chatroom as well... HOPE YOU STICK AROUND A WHILE! :zoidberg:
Thank you! It's truly great to hear from you and I am glad that you are doing well.

It's amazing to me that any of these boards are still around after 15 years, but I was especially happy to still see REFCL still around. In hindsight I have no idea how I got the original REFCL up and running - it was a lot of copy and paste and pray - these days with security patches it must be a nightmare to keep up. What are some of the challenges you face here?

I don't know why but I have this feeling you are in the Greater NYC area (could be the old New York on your trekbbs profile) - if you're still in the area and it's ever safe to see people again - would be nice to grab a beer or drink or bite to eat (I live in the area as well) once the pandemic is behind us.

Hi Cassie and Dr. Dave! I hope you're doing well and are weathering 2020 as well as possible.
Dr Dave

Long Time No See

Post by Dr Dave »

Trying too!
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Long Time No See

Post by CaptainWacky »

Mogh said something transphobic in 2004 so I wouldn't worry about upsetting him.

(I'm sure he's changed since then too.) :eng101:
Dr Dave

Long Time No See

Post by Dr Dave »

Someone get Bobby T an avatar!

CaptainWacky

Long Time No See

Post by CaptainWacky »

A picture of a kettle.
Dr Dave

Long Time No See

Post by Dr Dave »

A good choice!

Mirah

Long Time No See

Post by Mirah »

Hi Bobby T. I don't think I know you. Welcome back.
CaptainWacky

Long Time No See

Post by CaptainWacky »

2005 was a long time ago, it turns out!
Dr Dave

Long Time No See

Post by Dr Dave »

Indeed.

Cassie

Long Time No See

Post by Cassie »

I didn't even exist until 2006. (on the internet)
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Long Time No See

Post by Eggs Loki »

Jaysus, we've been at this for over 20 years now (those of us who started at TrekBBS).

YOU'RE NICE PEOPLE I LIKE YOU.
Dr Dave

Long Time No See

Post by Dr Dave »

Well meet, Eggs Mayo!

Mirah

Long Time No See

Post by Mirah »

I had dreams of doing an internet people and gaming tour BEFORE COVID HIT!
Dr Dave

Long Time No See

Post by Dr Dave »

Bobby T to come back?