Housemates

Get Wacky!
Mirah

Housemates

Post by Mirah »

It is no secret that I live in community. I just started my 2nd year and I have seen a lot of people come and go from the place in which I live. I wish I could be like the cool folks who live in a Chalet, or even the cooler folks who live in a lodge or the hotel (which is above the dining hall). I live in the building that used to be a hospital. It is now the laundry on the first floor and rooms on the 2nd floor. I live on the 2nd floor. My room used to be an operating room.
There is an apartment on either end for couples or families. The other 6 rooms are for single occupants and most of my "housemates" are introverts, but really I think they just don't like people! So here I am, an extrovert stuck in a place full of introverts. The exception is the fire fighter who also stays here, but he is on rotation so I only get to see him when he is here. I think the MF would love him. He is pretty awesome and he started Star Trek Tuesdays where we watch digitally remastered original series.

One of the medics also live in this building. Basically this space is used for long term staff and usually does not house 20 somethings.

Chalet 1 houses old timers and older people! But they also have the best parties and make beer!
Chalet 2 is for guests (and newly remodeled as the first one burned down a long time ago)
Chalet 3 houses 20 somethings, co-ed. I lived here for the first month I was here. It was fun and I liked it a lot. It was also dirty and smelled like home brew.
Chalet 4 are 20 something -30 something women
Chalet 5 is guys various ages
and the rest of the Chalets are not worth mentioning except for the ones on top of the hill that have the best views. So great-but glad I don't have to walk up the hill every day to get home.

I figured this could be like big brother or a reality show and I could give updates and tell you all about the people that have been here, past and present, famous and non-famous.
Famous people include: Elizabeth Taylor (though I don't know if the movie she was filming was as famous) She was filming "The courage of Lassie" and stayed here in 1944.
Rudy Wendelin, the artist for Smokey Bear was a guest. (This one is amusing to me)
CaptainWacky

Re: Housemates

Post by CaptainWacky »

Invite Star Trek fireman to the board!

Is there a well that Lassie famously barked in front of?
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

You should have a dance party.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Funny you should say that.
There is also a school up here and this year there were only 3 students. No matter the size or their age they always have a dance at the end of the year. However 5 kids showed up this weekend for memorial day weekend so there were 8 kids. Last year there were 18 and 5 seniors.
So tonight they had a dance and the theme was 4 Elements of Water, Air, Earth and Fire. So everyone had some cool, or hot costumes. I went with earth-since I had a green dress.
Most of the songs had mention of these elements, it was pretty okay.

@CaptainWacky I don't know about the Lassie movie! Perhaps I should watch it.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

It could reveal secrets.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Ugh, themed parties.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

If you show up to a theme party but don't follow the theme, do you get shunned?
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

No.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

What if shunning is the theme!?
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I refuse to dress up for a party.

I once went to a wedding in a NASCAR hat (I got permission to do that).