General Dreams Thread

Get Wacky!
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

General Dreams Thread

Post by Eggs Loki »

I had to start this because...

I was alseep for a few hours just now, and I had a vivid, detailed dream about this place being spammed. I saw specifix usernames, avs, I could even read the posts that had lots of words in them. And I dreamed of going into the CP and deleting it all, piece by piece. When I woke up I wasn't sure if it was a dream or not, and came here to check to see if it had happened for real.

Holy fuck I need a life.
Dr Dave

Re: General Dreams Thread

Post by Dr Dave »

I had a dream that featured my bff going back to being a part time bus driver.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

I literally had a dream that TK was back and I hate myself for it.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Wow, those are some intense dreams CaptainWacky and Eggs, the bus driver not so much, but interesting none the less!

I had a dream the other night-or an experience where my mind woke up before my body woke up. I could not move my body and it felt like it was being squeezed. This is known as sleep paralysis.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/humaneni ... rome_2.htm

"occurs when the brain is in the transition state between deep, dreaming sleep (known as REM sleep for its rapid eye movement) and waking up.

During REM dreaming sleep, the brain has turned off most of the body's muscle function so we cannot act out our dreams - we are temporarily paralyzed.

"Sometimes your brain doesn't fully switch off those dreams - or the paralysis - when you wake up," Hirshkowitz told ABC News. "That would explain the 'frozen' feeling and hallucinations associated with sleep paralysis." According to his research, the effect only really lasts from a few seconds to as long as a minute, but in this half-dream half-awake state, to the victim it can seem much longer."
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

It's probably what alien abductess are really experiencing.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Had ANOTHER TK dream. The board was back and I was excited but it looked different and there were no posts. Menty explained that he "lost" the database and I was sad. Then I found the Mine Field and there were loads of posts about weird subjects by people I didn't know in it and Menty explained that "oh yeah I brought the board back for some friends a few months ago and didn't tell you." And Menty was standing next to me in the dream. Then it moved on to unrelated matters.
whisky

Post by whisky »

Haven't had a decent dream in ages, but did have an annoying half awake, half asleep thing the other night where I was having to program a spreadsheet for my mums care home and it was really complicated code, but I had copied it and pasted it as text and couldn't get it back.

I just remember being really angry that they were making me do this, while all the time the man in the mirror was playing on a constant loop.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

CaptainWacky wrote:It's probably what alien abductess are really experiencing.
Yes. Sorry, I didn't know you replied and I forgot about this thread, and I do "look at new posts" when I come but I missed a few anyway! I had some strange dreams last week when I was sick and taking meds but I cannot remember any of them.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Maybe you're still dreaming now!
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I had a dream last night that I was kidnapped and I ended up at Donovan's place.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Is he scary?
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

No.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

That's not too bad then.

I had a dream where I forgot how to use clocks and when I woke I couldn't read the time on my clock (or maybe I was still dreaming.)
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Had a dream where Netflix picked up Agent Carter for a third season and my cat had a brain tumour.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Aw kitty : (
I didn't know you had a kitty
what is its name?
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Maisie.
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Had a dream where I was going back to school and it was raining and windy and it was taking me ages to get there and I was worried because it was different building from when I used to go there, and then I thought "I'm 35 I can't go back to school, people will wonder why I'm so old!" And I kept waking up and looking at the clock and it was always at the same time but maybe that was part of the dream and I wans't really awake (or maybe I froze time.)
Eyes High

Post by Eyes High »

Had a dream about trump one night, the next night dreamed I was riding a horse during a storm so I could get to one of my aunt's house. One of my cousins taunted me about riding the horse. I said at least I made it. Then while I was still dreaming, in that in between state of consciousness, I thought 'this is somewhat unusual' there was a slight pause then my dream mind said "at least it's better than dreaming about trump." It was then I fully awoke and really thought..."Okay, that was different."
I told my friend later that day that I thought I had been watching too much election news.
CaptainWacky

General Dreams Thread

Post by CaptainWacky »

Had a dream where a fat guy was trying to steal my copy of Cloud Atlas (the book.) He was throwing all my books around in my bedroom trying to find it, but I was standing outside holding it so he couldn't get it. Even though I was outside I could still see him in my room because of dream logic. True story.
Eyes High

General Dreams Thread

Post by Eyes High »

CaptainWacky wrote: Had a dream where a fat guy was trying to steal my copy of Cloud Atlas (the book.) He was throwing all my books around in my bedroom trying to find it, but I was standing outside holding it so he couldn't get it. Even though I was outside I could still see him in my room because of dream logic. True story.
I know what you mean about the multi-vision. Makes total sense in the dream but physically impossible in reality. :crazy: