WORK WORK WORK OWRK OWRK ORWKO RKOR WKW KRW Annex

Get Wacky!
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

@Eggs Funny. Welcome back. LOL.
@Dr Dave Why?

My work in the construction world is getting busier and I am glad. I have to step up my game now and stop goofing off. We were really busy today. Nice for a change.
Also I could complain about stuff, but dealing with some cat drama....so over and out.

P.S. Dr Dave I owe you a note and a post card and maybe a picture! ;) ;) ;)
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I was working a bunch shifts this week.

You don't owe me stuff,though I do like it . I take it you got your package?
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Yes!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Work week is finally over.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

My week back was pretty calm, but once again I am back to helping to cover weekend work, which means I just sit here till I die again.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

We had mechanical issues yesterday.

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Don't die eggs!
Don't dye eggs
Sorry

I can't wait for today to be over. I have little empathy for people who work when they are sick. Like we can't function w/out them. Go Home!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

It's rude. Though some employers basically penalize employees for calling in sick.

Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

3 day weekend!

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Not for me. I'm working today and covering weekend support tomorrow. But we told our clients we're closed on Sunday at least.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Well.
I've been given another opportunity to explore other interets.
The company I work for recently adapted a new computer program that basically gets rid of my job. I did not see this coming at all. The person who trained me was planning on retiring, I thought for sure she would be on her way out and I would take on her responsibilities.
Turns out she doesn't get to retire and I get to look for a new job.

Crap.
: (

He said it was nothing about me, and he didn't want to do it, but there are other projects that will be coming to a close also in the very near future. (housing market)
So it is the nature of the game. He said he would give me a letter of recommendation.

Of course I always wonder if I could have done better. I know in my heart that I did my best. But will still beat myself up about it.

Anyway, maybe now is the time to really get that pirate ship I have been wanting and sail away into the sea. Think its safe out there?

I forgot to add-I am working until May 10 and being paid until June. Severance pay.
That is confusing to me. He said I would be eligible for unemployment-but I couldn't accep it until June. How does one search for a job then? I don't want unemployment-I want to work. Do I take time off? Take a short vacay? Then look.
I am looking now, but don't want to mess up my severance pay-so I guess I just have to work until the 10th then.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

:( I'm sorry Mirah -- that just sucks 10 different ways.

Maybe you can put out feelers to other companies or places you're interested in, tell them that you'll be available June 1st. Or maybe some of them will conspire with you to keep Unemployment in the dark, lol.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Yeah, I heard that could be a possibility. : )

I already have 4 pages written of potential places I want, my skills, and have been on craigslist. I am considering places I really want to work and where am I willing to work. I am thinking about moving to the west side again, but also would like to stay right here where I am.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

That sucks Miriah.

Eyes High

Post by Eyes High »

Best of luck Miriah. Hope you find a workplace that you can do your best at and will appreciate its employees.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

PROOFREAD PROODFREAD I'VE PROOFREAD A COUPLE THOUSAND PAGES THIS WEEKL GOING CRAYZLIEK JACK NMICHOLSON SHIHNING CRASYZASEFG
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Dr Dave wrote: That sucks Miriah.
Yes. : (
Eyes High wrote: Best of luck Miriah. Hope you find a workplace that you can do your best at and will appreciate its employees.
Thank you. I was going to write earlier this week and say it wasn't about appreciation-but about being in the construction industry and that is the way it goes. And then today happened. Today sucked really bad as far as actions from my boss. Plus there was rumor he didn't want to pay my severance, especially if I got a job. But I never signed a contract or agreement about the severance, luckily one other person was in the room who will vouch for me. I will see which way it goes. : (

That being said-I went right to work on my resume and applying for jobs last week. I made some progress! I do have a job with the transport company that brings people up lake-to the place I was working before! It pays much less, but has some fun perks-like free boat rides on my days off-that means camping trips this summer.
In the mean time I am still applying for high end city, county or state jobs with benefits, or similar.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Eggs Loki wrote: PROOFREAD PROODFREAD I'VE PROOFREAD A COUPLE THOUSAND PAGES THIS WEEKL GOING CRAYZLIEK JACK NMICHOLSON SHIHNING CRASYZASEFG
I applied for city clerk position in another town, but went to the city clerk in the place I lived and chatted with her for a bit today. It is a highly stressful job, which I knew, but still something about it appeals to me! Lots of paperwork, lots of legal documentation, lots of proofreading and filing and blah blah blah

Just put away the chainsaw Eggs!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I hope you find a place that treats you well.

You should totally be a city clerk, if for no other reason to go MAD WITH POWER!

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

It will be hard to leave the boat company if I get another offer. I wish it were tomorrow already. LOL. I want to go to work! Just kidding, I have a life too.