THE WTF OF THE DAY

Get Wacky!
Mirah

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Mirah »

Yesterday a gentleman walks into the reservation office wanting a one way ticket on the boat into the National Park. He is going to hike the part of the PCT that he was unable to do before due to either snow-or smoke, I can't remember.

He is old. And he lets me know. "I am old" he says.

He doesn't know how long it is going to take to hike and he needs overnight parking. LIke long term parking and he only wants to pay what he paid last year. I can't find that option in my computer. I don't think I can do what he is asking. He has already been in the office once looking for an economical place to stay-he was unsuccesful.

He leaves finally.

I text a manager and let them know of the situation-I am sure he will be back and I was right. He came back. I told him I could give him the deal he had last year.

You would think he might smile at some point or say thank you. This son of a gun is a miserable fuck. And he wants me to solve all of his problems and he has no cell phone, has a hard time hearing, reading and, well following directions.

He drove all the way up from Medford Oregon to Chelan to try to get a ride on the boat, to hike part of the PCT-and discover that there is no bus that can pick him up when he is done-but he left anyway. HE IS GOING TO GO OUT INTO THE WILDERNESS AND HIKE. And he has no ride back from Stevens pass. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

To top it off-
He lost his car key this morning.

Also, he forgot I sold him a one way ticket on the boat and tried to buy another one.

I don't know whether to cry or :wallbang:
Mirah

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Mirah »

1.No I cannot ask the boat to wait 10 minutes for you to try to get to the 2nd port to catch it.

2. You should make a room reservation before your boat reservation. There is plenty of room on the boat.
No, you should not just show up in the small town and expect to find a spot that night. ( I mean you can) but I wouldn't)
CaptainWacky

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by CaptainWacky »

TELL THEM TO SWIM IF THEY CAN'T GET TO THE BOAT ON TIME.
Dr Dave

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Dr Dave »

He sounds like a word class idiot.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Eggs Loki »

There are people who make the boat, and there are people who miss the boat.

Then there are people who sip from a gravy boat while eating their fries (chips).
Mirah

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Mirah »

I just want to be on a boat.

The only WTF of the day so far was on my way home on lunch break.
A guy was walking across the crosswalk w/ headphones and not really paying attention, pretty normal, then a car after that was slowly pulling out but looking the other way so I just waited for them because I knew they hadn't seen me yet.
The next part-
was
a guy standing near the side of the road doing something funny, I couldn't tell what
when I passed him
I saw what it was
he was playing the banjo!
I smiled and waved
and after I drove by he just kept playing his banjo and slowly walked across the street.
Mirah

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Mirah »

The 2nd WTF of the day was when I was walking out of the grocery store and I heard these girls talking about the big flu shot sign that is on the front of the store and one girl says, "Can I just like put them in my purse?"

Yes,
Yes, you can carry several flu shots around with you
in your purse
you can use it whenever you want
or give it away
or sell it
great idea
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Eggs Loki »

My WTF today was the death of America. RIP democracy, representative government, and checks and balances.

Time to party while the ship goes down! WOO HOO!
Dr Dave

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Dr Dave »

You can dance if you want to, you can leave your democracy behind…
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Eggs Loki »

OMG I SAW MEN WITHOUT HATS LIVE, THEY CAME TO MY COLLEGE WHEN THAT SONG WAS A HITadsfdjxdfgbsg

[video]

(Yeah they sucked this bad at my school too lol)
Mirah

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Mirah »

Well I can add the Hooters into the mix then. Same time, same theme!

[video]

I was still getting caught up last night in the midst of posting. Thats the thing about being at the bank-I'm not on my phone or checking social media or even any news sights throughout the day, so unless a customer says something I have no idea what is going on in the outside world. I helped more than 60 people yesterday for sure, and at closing there was still a line. It was a crazy busy day. Lots of factors to why people are in line too-like to check a balance. SRSLY WTF. It is my goal to get as many people as I can into their online banking or mobile banking.

This song is fitting for the day then.

[video]
Mirah

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Mirah »

At least 2 wtf's today
First one: I went outside ti chat with a neighbor while she smoked. While we were sitting out there I saw a light on the hillside. We sit out there all the time-there is no way a car light or someones house light would be on the hillside. Then it went away. Then it reappeared. It was definitely a spot light/ flashlight. There is only sage brush on the hillside. No reason for anyone to be there.
And then when we stood up to go inside we could see a concentrated light like if someone were in a tent, but it wasn't that big. Or like a lantern.
Seriously.
AND it is right behind my apartment.

So I went inside, turned off all my lights to see if I could see the lights from my window, I could not.
Dr Dave

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Dr Dave »

Huh. Could be a number of things.

Mirah

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Mirah »

Its pretty narrowed down. I think someone is camping back there.
Dr Dave

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Dr Dave »

You should shout "DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE BADGERS!"

Mirah

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Mirah »

I might do that.

I actually did yell, "Hello, is anyone up there?" But there was no response. I thought maybe they would like some dinner or something.

Here is what it looked like a couple of weeks ago when it snowed.

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Eggs Loki »

I think it was someone searching for BABY NEW YEAR YODA but they're too early.
Mirah

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by Mirah »

Yes.
CaptainWacky

THE WTF OF THE DAY

Post by CaptainWacky »

ADVENT CALANDER SOON PM ME SUGGESTIONS BUT REMEMBER IT'S 99% CERTAIN I WON'T USE YOUR SUGGESTION SO DON'T GET WEIRD IF I DON'T USE IT OKAY.