I feel like I'm going to fall over all the time

Get Wacky!
Cassie

Post by Cassie »

Antacids are one of the treatments for the discomfort of a hiatal hernia, and famotidine is listed. There are others like cimetidine and nizatidine (plus ranitidine, but you can't take that because it's off the market now). Unless your hernia is bad enough to need surgery, antacids are what they will prescribe.

Bonus, famotidine is supposed to have some weird benefit against the corona virus!
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

I talked to the doctor today and i'm going back on Omeprazole. I asked her about side effects and brought up the stomach cancer thing, but she said not to worry about that and it's only based on one study and it would take years for it to happen anyway or something. I feel stupid when I'm saying "but what about rare side effects!" to a doctor so i just went along with it. Maybe I'll get better sometime and be able to stop taking it.

She said it's possible I could have a small hernia but they wouldn't operate unless it was causing painful symptoms, and since my symptoms are controlled by the medication I shouldn't worry about it. I feel like doctors spend more time saying "dont worry" than anything else.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

In a way, the mind is part of the healing process -- constant worry and stress can exacerbate the physical ailment. So that's probably the doctor's intent, to put you in a better frame of mind about it, but of course many doctors are crap at people skills FEEL BETTER BONC.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I say "Don't worry" to people when they get into my vehicle and hear strange noises.

It would be disconcerting to hear that from a doctor. I didn't realize that hernias could exist without needing anything done with them, I just looked it up out of curiousity.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I take Omeprazole, and would be pretty bad off with out it.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

I'm now on three different pills a day, would be four but I stopped taking my anxiety medication because it was making me feel faint. And also a nasal steroid spray.

I wish they'd just skip to the part where they discover my brain tumor.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I feel itchy.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I hope everyone feels better soon! And I hope you don't get anxious CaptainWacky! But I would rather be that than feeling faint!! I hope that goes away for you.

Why do you feel itchy Dr Dave?
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I must be allergic to something.

CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

Given yet another painkiller, told that I don't have a blood clot.If this one doesn't do anything i'm going back and shouting "YEAH BUT I COULD HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR."
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

You should shout that at parked cars!

Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I have a cold.

CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

The painkiller helped until I ran out of it, getting tingling in my head again. Think it might be a tension headache caused by anxiety and it just won't go away because I'm so constantly tense. Or a brain tumour.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

:eek:

Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

My lower back is killing me.

:(

CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

The doctor said I have "chronic tension headaches" and I'm on medication that's helping but they're still there.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

CaptainWacky I am worried. In the past couple of weeks I have heard of 2 people having similar symptoms-I have to go back through the thread...and one had a heart issue and the other did end up having a brain tumor. She is going in for surgery tomorrow!
She was on a hike with a friend and was saying, "I feel like I am telling my body to respond, but it isn't listening"
They just thought it was some sort of inner ear issue : (
Also-I've known 4 people with brain tumors in that same city-WTF I think something is wrong with that city!
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

CaptainWacky wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:51 pm All they found was slightly low blood pressure and an outer ear infection. I don't think either really explain how I'm feeling. I still have this same feeling of movement in the back of my head, of my limbs being too loose, of not being in control of my arms or legs especially when standing up. The doctor tested my reactions and balance and stuff and didn't find anything. Still don't feel any better.
Low blood pressure is what another person had-I think my mom had it too-she eventually got a pace maker.

Sorry I'm not trying to be alarmist, but I want to share information if it is helpful.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

My depression has been fairly bad recently (off and on since the spring), but this week especially I just feel meh and down. At this point I don't have many friends that are not bar related.

Other then hanging with the bff once a month, I really don't do much beyond the bar (I like the bar I go to and I'm not complaining about that). Hopefully this weekend will be productive. On Friday I am hanging for a bit with the bff and babysitting my nephews until her husband gets home, so she can go out and do stuff. Saturday I have another nephew's birthday party to go to, which should be fun.

CaptainWacky

Post by CaptainWacky »

I think my balance thing probably was an ear problem as it hasn't gotteny any worse and has generally been better lately...I'm going to try to see someone about my ears eventually as I have tinitus in both and wax blockage in at least one.

My head symptoms are from tension headaches, I still get tingling in my face at times but I'm not getting full on headaches now that I'm on medications.

Or maybe I do have a brain tumour too lol.

(I hope your friend gets through the surgery okay.)

I never go out beyond shopping and have no friends but I manage my depression through tirelessly sticking to a routine and posting on the internet about female celebrities.