WORK WORK WORK OWRK OWRK ORWKO RKOR WKW KRW Annex

Get Wacky!
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

This week was busy at work. People are using up their days off before they expire in the new year, and one of my shift designers was sick most of the week. I just want to vegetate all weekend but I know I shouldn't...
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

The bookkeeper gave me a compliment in email today with my boss copied on it.

What a bitch!

I can't handle this! Stop telling me I'm doing a good job.

Nice people do not exist like this in the work world. Fucking aliens.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Eggs Loki wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:19 am This week was busy at work. People are using up their days off before they expire in the new year, and one of my shift designers was sick most of the week. I just want to vegetate all weekend but I know I shouldn't...
I remember trying to use my days off last year at the bank. It fucking sucked.
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Mirah wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:33 am The bookkeeper gave me a compliment in email today with my boss copied on it.

What a bitch!

I can't handle this! Stop telling me I'm doing a good job.

Nice people do not exist like this in the work world. Fucking aliens.
:rofl: :rofl:
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Mirah wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:34 am
Eggs Loki wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:19 am This week was busy at work. People are using up their days off before they expire in the new year, and one of my shift designers was sick most of the week. I just want to vegetate all weekend but I know I shouldn't...
I remember trying to use my days off last year at the bank. It fucking sucked.
I ended up taking today and next Tuesday, since they were the only days left in the month with few other people out.

I may still have one more day to use, but that will just roll over to next year.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh what will you do with those days off?! I hope you do not do any work!!!!!!!!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I bet he eats bees.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I am in a work meeting/holiday party and lots of the tech talk is way over my head. omg
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

So we had a holiday party for work yesterday. Early in the week I was like, "Well my boss hasn't asked me to go shopping for it, maybe she has everything. Cool, I can just relax. And then the day of "Katie can you go shopping for the holiday party?" yes, of course.
And then I got there 2 hours early to join in on a meeting about work stuff, but also to make the main course-"oh yeah, sure, of course, I can do that!"
So much for thinking I could get out of there early! At least that meant I got paid for more of it then if I was just at the party, but they talked about work almost the whole time.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Ugh Holliday work parties.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Our holiday party has been virtual for over a decade, since we went remote in 2009. Pandemic Shmandemic!

Ours is next Friday. I need to find my Santa hat and pick a festive Zoom background...
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Sounds fun. :D

Since I have more than 1 job I went to my 2nd holiday party tonight. It was really nice. And I was sad that I will probably be saying goodbye to the company in the spring. : (

I haven't completely made my mind up yet tho. Which is ridiculous.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

i had my first misinterpretation/misunderstanding with my new boss.

She said go and see what needs to be done....but did not say "and do it" and I didn't make the assumption. So when I texted her asking-there was no reply-2 hours went by. I left and then she finally texted me saying "Yeah, do this and this etc etc"
Ugh
And then she said next time call her. Well she has never answered my phone calls so I only text and email her.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

TGIF

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Our virtual party/company meeting was brief but okay. We had a presentation on how we did this year (pretty good) and then, since it's the company's 20th anniversary, we shared pix of ourselves from when we were 20 years old (there are no young people in this company lol).

There were going to be more activities and Zoom merriment, but the Inbox was piling up so we cut the meeting short. We got bonuses this year :yay: and they sent each of us a fancy apple pie shipped in dry ice.

Next week is going to be crazy busy -- all our clients are sending us crazy projects so they can use up their annual budgets. Half the staff is taking the week off, and we close for the year on Friday. Hopefully they will quiet down and we'll be able to get all the work done before the break.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Woo hoo! That is some happy news! Yay for bonuses and apple pie!
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I think I just worked my last shift at the theater.

It kind of feels good to say that. My next shift is supposed to be Tuesday. I am feeling like just quiting it cold turkey and not looking back. Or I can sit and think about it.
I think what happened is the manager didn't get a raise at his 6 mo review so he is taking it out on everyone else. But he never told me he was unhappy with any of my work, in fact he only complimented me and said the other gal didn't do a very good job.
And then he waited until we hired a new person and he insults me infront of her and says some things under his breath to me. It is very manipulative. Before he left tonight I said if he was unhappy with anything I was doing I wish he would have told me and then he said that I undermine him and contradict him ALL THE TIME.
I know I can do that sometimes, but I wasn't aware I was doing it more than was normal or ALL THE TIME.

So I could apologize, which I did say, "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was doing that"
But I mean I could apologize again, but seriously-Its my 3rd job. Tomorrow I have to be at my other one at 8 AM. The other managers used to help alot more than he ever does. And they didn't make us work past a certain time.
I think he was slacking, and not checking our work and it came back to bite him. I mean I get that he ust expected that we were doing a good job, but srsly its late, after we mop, just check-not that we did a bad job but maybe we just fucking missed a spot. Just say it like that and don't be all wierd about it.

So I want to talk to the owner tomorrow, who is there all the time helping us. And I just want to quit. Which feels bad in a way, because I'm not a quiter. But also I have 2 other jobs, each that makes more $ than this one. This was supposed to be my fun job. Not that it can't be a challenge, but I"m not going to put up with an asshole for that price.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I ended up quiting.
The owner is aware of what happened and he understands and feels bad.
He was really nice about it.
But....he still wants me to think about it after the holidays!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

That manager sounds like a complete asshat.