WORK WORK WORK OWRK OWRK ORWKO RKOR WKW KRW Annex

Get Wacky!
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

The theater ended up closing anyway-maybe both because of Covid and being short staffed. Anyway.

IT HAS BEGUN
I have been asked to do social media for the vacation rental. I am so nervous. I have some ideas, and it isn't a strict-must post 3x a week since its not a client.
I don't know how I could keep creating content for some of these places like other people do. AND I have a completely different style of posting-
Like where someone might post "Have a party with all of your friends!" I'm like "Get away to a quiet retreat" Others are like "Enjoy loud music and lots of people! AND Lots of Sporty type Ski type stuff!" And I'm like "Get away to the outdoors, nature, animals, clouds, snow, rain, sun, birds, deer, river"

I know there is need for both kinds of posting. I just hope they like mine and that i can fake it with the rest of the stuff!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Tell people racoons regularly break in.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

My mom is so cute. I was telling her about the new stuff I would be doing and she said, "But why are they wanting you to be a publicist? Don't they already have those working for them?" And then she said something about needing to be paid more if that is what i was doing.
I didn't really think publicists is what people who do social media posting would be called.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Yeah I don't think that is the correct term.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Publicists handle a lot more than social media, in fact publicists usually hire someone to specifically handle social media for them.

Everybody on the outside thinks they know better -- 95% of the time, they don't, so don't listen to her on this issue.

If you want help with better buzzwords that deal with entertaining rather than having a getaway, a lot of HGTV shows could be helpful. Lakefront Bargain Hunt, Beach Hunters, Beachfront Bargain Hunt, Vacation House Rules, Mountain Life, etc. It helps to have Discovery+ to search for them, but some of them are on other channels if you have cable...
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Thanks!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

I was so tired at work last night.

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

How late did you work?

Eggs have you used Asana?
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

Post by Eggs Loki »

Nope. Our kind of work is too chaotic to try and organize/track beyond billing hours, lol.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I haven't started using it yet. They are just getting me set up with all of this stuff and I opened it, took one look and was like "oh gosh"

Mostly for now I will be using it to make requests for graphics. So thats cool....now I just have to come up with a lot of ideas and that is an interesting process. I don't know how they do it.
But on the other hand I'm not stressed because "its just social media" (and not like I'm making a video with my face and saying shit" so its all good! :D
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Mirah wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:25 pm How late did you work?

Eggs have you used Asana?
9:45ish. I was just tired most of the day.

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

9:45! I didn't realize you worked so late tho!
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Depends on the shift.

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

Mirah wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:04 pm I haven't started using it yet. They are just getting me set up with all of this stuff and I opened it, took one look and was like "oh gosh"

Mostly for now I will be using it to make requests for graphics. So thats cool....now I just have to come up with a lot of ideas and that is an interesting process. I don't know how they do it.
But on the other hand I'm not stressed because "its just social media" (and not like I'm making a video with my face and saying shit" so its all good! :D
I'm actually scared out of my mind, but in a good way I think.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Just post pictures of you screaming!

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

The more I think about all of this, the more I think I don't want to do it.

Its fucking driving me crazy. I have all of my ideas in my head and apparently every business around has the same ideas. Yoga, Valentines, Galentines, Spring. And really-all of the businesses in the area are using the same platforms (and probably being created by us anyway, not all, just some)
I mean who are we really talking to? The other business owners. "Oh I will like that post,I''ll promote this for you, oh look at all of us promoting each other, how cute"
I can't fucking handle it. LOL. Why do I have to overthink everything. WHY CAN'T I JUST MAKE A PAYCHECK AND BE HAPPY WITH IT?! OH YOU MEAN I WANT TO ACTUALLY LIKE MY JOB?! lol
ugh
I want to go back to being personal assistant only.
And fuck it, I'll also just go back to the boat for the summer. I don'tknow.

Maybe I can get my brain to like it for the $ and benefits.
Mirah

Post by Mirah »

I am going to try to tackle my fears this weekend. Why am I writing about it? That will make it not come true.
Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Mirah wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:45 am I am going to try to tackle my fears this weekend. Why am I writing about it? That will make it not come true.
Is ur fear admitting mountains don't exist?

Mirah

Post by Mirah »

That would be easier than doing the work ahead of me. I went in to the office today, looked at stuff and just said "wtf" ugh.