It's down.
Cassie

TK sort of down

Post by Cassie »

IT'S BACK.
CaptainWacky

TK sort of down

Post by CaptainWacky »

yeah i guess it wasn't down for long but i was due to post here so i just posted it right away
Dr Dave

TK sort of down

Post by Dr Dave »

You did the right thing.
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."-Welcome to Night Vale
CaptainWacky

TK sort of down

Post by CaptainWacky »

It's down. Right as I was posting a DS9 review, so posting it here in case it was lost.

The Darkness and the Light - A Bajoran vedek is assassinated. He was a member of Kira's old resistance cell and she gets a message saying "that's one" in a distorted voice. She tells O'Brien that if she wasn't pregnant she'd be on Bajor hunting the killer but he obviously supports her staying on the station. She gets a scrambled message from another old friend who fears for her life. Kira sends Worf and Jadzia to pick her up, but (after a cute bit where Worf quotes the Rules of Acquisition!) her friend is killed as she's transported to the runabout. Kira reveals her friend wasn't a member of the Resistence exactly but did smuggle information to them (Nana Visitor does some good acting here.) She gets a "that's two" message back in the station, playing on a PAD Quark found. Odo wants her to make a list of everyone the Shakaar Resistance Cell killed but she says that would be a long list. A message then comes in saying another one has been killed. Back in her quarters, Kira hears something but it's just her two old friends from 'Shakaar' (the guy with one arm and the woman) and they've knocked down her security guard. She wants to help Kira find and kill whoever's killing their friends but Kira tells them to leave it to the authorities.

Nog uses his keen Ferengi ears to listen to the recording of the killer's distorted voice. This helps Dax clean up the voice. It's Kira's! Then there's an explosion in the O'Briens' quarters. Kira goes to check it out, beating up several security guards who get in her way, then collapses for pregnancy reasons. Bashir repairs the damage (isn't he nice and not at all a changeling!) but has to tell her that her two friends are dead. Miles has plot armour so he wasn't in the room. She tells a sad story about her first time killing someone for Shakaar (she liked it because it mad her a member of the Resistance. Odo has narrowed down the list of potential killers and rightly fears Kira would charge off after them if he showed her. Kira of course sneaks a look at the list anyway and beams into a runabout to escape. She erases the names on the list so Odo can't follow her. We just cut straight to Kira finding the killer (lucky we didn't have to watch her check all the other names!) and he stuns her. She wakes up on a chair, a light shined oner her face, with the creepy Cardassian narrating her movements and calling her "it." He explains that he was a servant during the Occupation, working for a Gul who was in charge of a weapon's depot. The Gul's home was targetted by the Reistance and the Gu's whole family were killed. Kira's kidnapper was horribly scarred, but Kira argues that they were all legitimate targets because they shouldn't have been on Bajor at all (This goes slghtly against the end of 'Duet', maybe? Where Kira didn't want the Cardassian to die even though he'd been a file clerk during the Occupation. But anyway I guess how she felt longer after the Occupation was differet to how she felt during it.) The killer wants to deliver Kira's baby as it is an innocent, but Kira tries to explain that the baby is human and can't be born yet. She asks for a sedative before he cuts the baby out, but the medication she took earlier means the sedative doesn't work on her so she manages to kill him.

It's an attempt to bring ACTION KIRA back, the Kira of the first three seasons after she didn't get a whole lot to do in season four (her two centric episodes were really about Dukat.) It mostly works as Nana Visitor does some great acting throughout. The only part that isn't so great is once we find out the actual killer is just a creepy scarred Cardassian. He works fine, he just isn't hugely interesting. Like maybe it would have been better if he'd been a fellow Bajoran who was working for the Cardies during the Occupation and injured by the Resistance. It's also weird that Shakaar isn't in the episode at all and Kira doesn't even call him or anything. You'd think he'd be one of the killer's top targets. Anyway this is good!

SCORE: 8.5/10
Eggs Loki
Site Admin

TK sort of down

Post by Eggs Loki »

I PMd The Man on FB, waiting a reply...

Oh and :thumbup: for the review. I've always found this episode makes me a little uncomfortable, watching a very pregnant Kira get terrorized and tied down/tortured...
Dr Dave

TK sort of down

Post by Dr Dave »

:shock:
"I want to shower you in sugar lumps and take you to the horse dentist."- CaptainWacky

Dr Dave

TK sort of down

Post by Dr Dave »

It is back up.

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

TK sort of down

Post by Eggs Loki »

Indeed. Menty said it was something about an auto-update on the server bringing everything down, but he rebooted the thingamabob and it all came back.
CaptainWacky

TK sort of down

Post by CaptainWacky »

It's fucking down again.
Cassie

TK sort of down

Post by Cassie »

:rwmad:
CaptainWacky

TK sort of down

Post by CaptainWacky »

I talked to Menty on Skype and he reset the server again and it's back. Said it was the same thing as last time.
CaptainWacky

TK sort of down

Post by CaptainWacky »

Seems to be slow sometimes and possibly some features aren't working?
CaptainWacky

TK sort of down

Post by CaptainWacky »

Yeah it's down.
Dr Dave

TK sort of down

Post by Dr Dave »

That's the opposite of how it should be!

Eggs Loki
Site Admin

TK sort of down

Post by Eggs Loki »

It was up for me for a while a few hours ago, but it went down again. (Good review of For The Uniform by the way)
Dr Dave

TK sort of down

Post by Dr Dave »

It's currently down for me.

CaptainWacky

TK sort of down

Post by CaptainWacky »

Will today be the day I miss the advent calendar...